Within the framework of the TRAINPOST distance-learning programme, which is based on a simpler and more user-friendly training approach, the Universal Postal Union (UPU) offers the participant trainees, in Postal Technologies training field, several important courses in the programme. One of them is dealing with «Basic IPS Concepts».
When you have successfully completed this module, you will know some of the most important basic concepts of IPS.
You will be able to:
- Explain what IPS is and what its basic functions are.
- Name the mail classes and categories.
- Name the three types of mail flow.
- Understand what the various physical mail-handling facilities are and what they do.
- Understand what identifier numbers are.
- Explain the basic requirements for item tracking and tracing.
- Identify the nine IPS mail item events.
- Produce the required shipping documentation.
- Name the EDI messages generated as certain mail events occur.
- Understand the basic concepts of IPS accounting and the different types of mail transit.
Target Population :
This course is intended for anyone who needs to have an overview of IPS.
This course is for you if:
- Your organization uses IPS.
- You are required to use IPS in your work.
NOTE : The learner may choose the language in which to follow the courses (Arabic, English, French or Spanish), via the relevant home page.